Monday, July 13, 2009

Dumbo Finally Delivers


Our family vacationed at Disneyland in the "olden days" - waaay back when the parking lot was located next to the rides. As we left the Park late one evening, I cried that I didn't get to ride Dumbo the Elephant. Dad said it was too far to walk back to the ride and promised I could ride it the next time we visited Disneyland. There have been many "next time" visits, but never enough time to wait in the long lines to ride Dumbo. This past June when Lee and I vacationed there, Dumbo delivered on the 3rd day! We had the early-bird pass to enter the Park one hour early. After riding Buzz Lightyear twice, and on our way to Splash Mountain, we passed Dumbo. Lee wasn't about to get on the ride (what an excuse that round n' round rides make him sick!) - but he did wait for me to go on Dumbo. Bless his heart for standing there taking pictures of ME - his wife - 50 years after she wanted to ride Dumbo the first time!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. I have some dreams that I will fulfil someday that are just small things like that.

    ReplyDelete